Minimizing the influence of coronavirus in a built environment (MICROBE)
Project No: 2020-1-LT01-KA203-078100
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for higher education
Start Date: 01/11/2020
End Date: 30/04/2023
Aims and objectives
The International Monetary Fund expects the global economy in 2020 to suffer its worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Pope Francis has said the fight against COVID-19
is now considered to be the most important in the world at this age.
The broader objective of the project – to upgrade the curricula with 3 new harmonized multidisciplinary, personalized MOOC modules on minimizing the influence of coronavirus and
negative emotions in a built environment by applying behavior change (MICROBE) to increase cooperation for innovation and strategic partnerships for higher education, enhance the
quality and relevance of knowledge of students to the global market needs and to ensure international cooperation.
Main objectives of MICROBE project:
- To upgrade curricula of MSc by adding 3 new multidisciplinary personalized, recognised and certificated MOOC modules on consumer behavior change related to MICROBE
education, to enhance the quality and relevance of education in participating universities to global issues;
- To develop world-wide innovative MICROBE System. It comprises the following components: Video Neuroanalytics , Web-based opinion analytics and Recommender System for
the Protection against COVID-19 and Depression Reduction in Built Environment and 3 new harmonized multidisciplinary personalized MOOC modules.
- To strengthen educational and scientific networking among EU universities in the MICROBE education.
The main results and impact envisaged will be achieved as follows:
– 3 new, personalized MOOC Modules developed;
– development of the MICROBE Method and System;
– education of 120 students and 21 training staff and public employees;
– real-time negative emotions and possible COVID-19 indices in Vilnius.